When you’re out in the yard next, take a look up at your trees. Trees will show obvious signs when they dying or dead. Here are a few things you should look out for:
- Saw dust or ants going up and down the base of the tree. This could be an indication of decay inside the trunk.
- Fungus or mushrooms growing on the bark is typically a sign of soft decaying trunk or branches.
- Deep holes/cracks, peeling bark
- The presence of pests
- Yellow leaves on a tree that usually has green leaves
- More than a third of the tree doesn’t have leaves
By taking early action, it could avoid falling trees and branches onto your property or a person. Contact a reputable tree services company like Brisbane Treeworx to give your tree(s) a full health assessment and recommendations.